|Wednesday night gang - Monkey's Uncle and Friends|
Denver Post (print and online) as well as snippet on 5280's website. Huzzah!
Just this morning, I received some incredibly good news. My dear friend, Valerie Liberty, works for an insanely cool company, Balsamiq, and through them has made a sizable donation ($3800!) to our fundraising campaign. If you go their site, she's the gorgeous mama in orange. (Doesn't that look like a fun place to work?)
Mind you, Val is not only the mother of my very favorite farm intern, Eleni, she is now my biggest donor. When I called today to make sure she really meant all this and there were no numerical typos, she said: "I've decided it's the Year of Heather!" and then went on to tell me about how proud she was to be my friend.
Incredible. I am still stunned and wondering how I can properly thank Val and Balsamiq in meaningful way. Perhaps I'll send them some garlic.
|Sunday night crew: Gay v. Str8t|
- Hearthstone, the co-housing community where I once lived, it remains my Colorado home until they file an official restraining order
- Mexican food, the REAL stuff - no ketchup on the table
- Sunflower/Sprouts/Whole Foods - healthy food selections in large amounts! Swoon!
- The beautiful Rocky Mountains - nice to see land go up, just for a change, plus, they give off gobs of powerful spiritual energy
- The smell of weed at nearly every stoplight - breathe deep!
- Colorado citizens: The people that live here are noticeably friendly, optimistic, progressive, healthy, spiritual, intellectual and good looking. They've got a rugged glow that comes from thriving outdoors, every season. My Colorado crush runs deep.
|Monday night jokesters: Rodents Out of the Basement|
|Tuesday night: Junk Drawer|
|Sunset at Second Chance Ranch|
Otherwise, I'm just a girl with a lot of zip codes and no roots and I aim to be so much more than that.