Tuesday, May 15, 2012

We Broke Ground!

Okay, maybe not 'we' but Brent got out the big machines and officially made the garden more than just an idea, he made it into a big, black square. I've asked him to keep me updated via photo texts and he's been doing exactly that.

The best part? This all went down on Mother's Day. Ah, a dream was born!

"Step 1: Mow the grass down."

"Step 2: Breaking up the virgin sod."

"Start of garden spot"
Does it look big? Well, it is. Though we'd plotted it out for 30'x72', I think about 10' got added all around, which is fine. Just because it's there, doesn't mean I need to plant all of it I'll still be fighting quackgrass anyway.

In other related news, I spent a few hours at the Lakewood (California) AT&T store upgrading my phone to a iPhone 4, plus insurance, plus super industrial protective camo gear for the phone that makes me look like a deer hunter; I spent about $530, just one of many painful purchases I'll be making in the days ahead. My only hope is that, by not paying rent, I'll be able to address my finances later.

Anyway, they showed me how to activate my iPhone so it will be its own wi-fi hotspot when I'm out there on the farm, typing away on the camper trailer that I still have to find.

One step at a time....

3 comments:

Felicia the Geeky Blogger said...

I am super proud of you! Seriously you are inspiring :)

Heather Clisby said...

Felicia, that means so much. Seriously, my engine is being fueled by the support and encouragement of people like you. Thank you!

Mullet Over said...

Heather - I have not words, except WOW! YOU DID IT!!!